Primary Source Verification
Primary Source Verification is an important step in maintaining provider compliance and can remove barriers to proper credentialing, which keeps revenue flowing into your health center. It is the responsibility of the organization to complete Primary Source Verification, not the responsibility of the individual provider.
Practice Management offers a comprehensive Primary Source Verification Service Package to our clients. Practice Management will maintain all data needed for Primary Source Verification in its provider platform, including data on Licensed Individual Providers. All data will be maintained and housed in cloud based software, readily available to the provider and Practice Management. A Primary Source Package will be provided to Group for privileging committee.
This service includes:
- Verification of Clinical License, CDS or CSR License, Education or ECFMG if foreign medical graduate, staff identity, fitness for duty, and Board Certification
- Completion of a query through the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration
- Current documentation of basic life support training, PALS, ACLS
- Immunizations, and communicable disease status; Current TB test results within past 12 months, Hepatitis B vaccination. We will follow your organization’s vaccination policy.
- Verification of current clinical competence
- Verifications required for renewal of privileges, including peer reviews and references
- Copy of FTCA
- Consent and Release of Liability & Acknowledgement Statement
- Documentation of CMEs for previous two years
- OIG Query
- NPDB Query
- Delineation of Privileges
- Current Resumes
- Collaborative Agreements as needed by states
- System for Award Management verification